Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reims et Loan

So April has finally arrived in France, and what more could anyone want to do in April than go tromping around the French countryside a bit since the weather is lovely and the flowers are blooming? Paris is becoming lovelier and lovelier by the day as well, but last weekend I set off to the French countryside to a little town called Reims, in the Champagne region (where real champagne comes from!) I left Saturday morning and spent the day outside in Reims… checking out the Cathedral and seeing everything there was to see. I also went on a champagne tour, and saw the caves where they make Taittanger Champagne, which was very interesting… and they gave me a glass at the end which was cool… and probably the most expensive drink I will every drink! The sun was lovely and it was a great day… then on Sunday I spent time exploring the countryside a bit more in Loan… it as a bit cooler, but still a good day! Here are some of the pics I took, since it was just a very easy going and leisurely paced trip. Enjoy the pics of the countryside, and you will see why I wanted to go check it out!
























No comments:

Post a Comment