Wednesday, January 13, 2010

musing

So I am laying in my bed for the last time for a while... and it doesn't seem quite real that after tonight, I won't be back here until June. It won't even be like when I am at school, where I come home for a weekend here or there, and I could come home anytime I wanted to just because. For the next few months I will have to make my home in Paris with Marie, and learn to be flexible, and hope that my french improves quickly!

I am going to miss home... and my home at DPU. I will miss everyone at AXO and the CSL (Daryl, a shout out to you) and I will miss Ty, and my mom and mirandy and my Grandma, but probably not Skeeter Bug the devil Dog. It is just weird to think about how all the normal things in my life that I see everyday, won't be there for a while. I am so excited for all the fun things that I am going to do and see, and all my friends that I will meet up with, but now all of that seems sort of strangely surreal.

But I put a bunch of stuff into two suitcases (not going to lie, I am probably bringing WAY too many shoes. Good lord I have a lot of shoes.) But I just keep thinking... what if I need this, and what will I wear with that? I just don't know exactly what to expect, which I guess is kind of what makes everything a little scary. The off campus study people told us what to expect... kind of a U shaped experience (if you want to know more about that look it up on the dpu website) But it is good to know to expect ups and downs and to know before I leave that things will be fun, and hard all at the same time. When I was packing stuff I realized how many half filled journals I have... and I am really glad that I have decided to keep this blog. It will be a lot faster and easier for me to type my thoughts, and maybe it wont be half filled like my journals, and I can keep it nicely updated for myself and for anyone at home who might care at all. I will try to keep pics coming so everyone can see what I am up to (for !who don't use facebook MOM).

My flight out of Cincinnati leaves at 3:52 and my flight to Paris leaves at 9pm... Wish me luck, and safe travels, and no obnoxious delays! so Friday morning I will be in France... and next time I update this it will be from my room in Sainte-Mande!

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment