Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ma Soutenance

So my Soutenance is this afternoon, and I am feeling rather nervous… That is the ten minute presentation that I have to give about my 30 page paper that I am writing… the presentation part has been done since yesterday and Mme Findakly has looked at it twice and Matt has looked over it too, so there should be like no errors in it… I just hope that when I get up there to give the presentation I don’t get all nervous and make silly grammatical errors and look silly in front of Tim, and Séverine, and Thomas, and Mme Findakly and maybe Audrey and all the other kids and Steve my tutor and everything. Oh dear I am nervous! But a few deep breaths and a few run throughs and I can do it. I just have to. Then for dinner I get to go to my favourite crêpe place and have a nice dinner with good friends… and tomorrow I am going to eat tacos for lunch with Tati… and the package my mom sent me finally came in the mail and she sent me Peeps because I missed them at Easter, Thanks Mom, you know me so well! I just need to not be nervous! So in an effort to find things to help calm me down (in addition to the stress relieving tea that Mme gave me this morning) I found this little quote on the internet to help me calm down, and I decided to write this little entry to take my mind off of the presentation, even though I have done nothing but obsess about it here… so while I am busy not stressing, I hope everyone is having a good day! I hope I can remember these quotes this afternoon…

Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.

--Harold Wilson

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.

--Anna Freud

1 comment:

  1. Great quotes for a GREAT WOMAN! you will impress and give New Thoughts to your audience - just think of the countless times you moved class discussion forward to fascinating topics. You are a natural at making people think, Hallie. Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete