Friday, May 21, 2010

Inshallah

Wow. Its done. My memoire is done, my internship will be over in 30 minutes and tomorrow at this time I will be basking in the sun in Lisbon. Where did the time go? Have I really gotten up and gone to the IMA every day for the past 12 weeks? It doesnt feel like it. It all kind of feels surreal.

I am relatively happy with my memoire, but I am not letting myself look at it any more because I will keep finding things to fix, and I just cant fix any more things. I cant do it. I just have to turn it in and hope for the best. I got my grade back from my last class, and I got an 18 on the test and an 18.5 overall for the class. If you know anything about the french grading scale, you will understand what that means, but for me that is pretty freaking good. It is the equivalent of an A which is awesome. I am really pleased with this! I also asked Thomas yesterday what grade I got on my soutenance and he didnt know specifically, but he said it was good, which makes me think it was probably a 16... also an A. The scale is a 20 point scale... but dont multiply by five to get a percent, it doesnt work like that. Anything above a 10 is really good... and poor Tati didnt realize this and just didnt understand her grades... when actually she has been doing great! But regardless, I am pleased with my grades so far.

Tomorrow I am heading out to travel for two weeks. I will be in Lisbon Saturday-Monday, Madrid Tuesday- Thursday, Barcelona Thursday - Saturday then in Montpellier, the south of France for until the next Thursday when I am going to come back to Paris. Then from Paris to Iceland for 5 days, and I will be back home the 12 of June. I am so excited for this vacation... and dont worry mom, I have lots of sunscreen.

I decided not to take my computer, but just a journal so that I can update this with my entries and my pics when I get home. I will update it dont worry! I am sorry you will just have to paitent, but it will all be worth it when I get it done. This blog has been a great project for me, and I cant wait to finish it up.

This entire semester has flown by, and I cant imagine my life right now, not in Paris. But soon I will be home, with my mom and grandma and friends, and I am looking forward to that too. So peace out for now. The title of the post is a very common phrase in arabic... Inshallah. It means God willing. All of this has been a wonderful expeirence thanks to God, and the rest of it will be wonderful too, and I will be home safe and sound to update my blog before everyone knows it. Inshallah.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment