Sunday, March 21, 2010

Out and about: IMA

So I don't have a lot to say here, but I wanted to put up some pictures of the sites of Paris that I see everyday now that I am working at the Institute du monde arabe. It is in the 5th arondissment which is one of the oldest parts of Paris. This past week there was the opening of the newest exhibit which is on display until the end of June, and I got a VIP invitation to the private opening on Thursday, which I thought was very cool. I got to see if for free, and enjoy some refreshments and even see the artist who designed the sets on display. There are also several tradesmen from North Africa who are displaying their trade and their wears (a silversmith, a glass blower, a basket weaver, a man who makes mosaics, a man who does stone carvings and a man who makes saddles. It was all very cool, and I felt very official and part of the exciting day! So here are some pics of the institute in the sun, which is really nice, and some pics of what I see when I cross the bridge and when I come to Bastille which is near IFE and things... I just like to take pics sometimes and I want to share them with you! I can't believe that I am a fourth of the way through my internship... so many things still to do and see! Just keep checking up here to see pics and things... and Alana is coming to Paris this weekend from Thursday to Tuesday, so that will be so fun too... and look forward to some great pics because we will probably do some good touristy things, and really just have some fun together! So enjoy my city everyday pics, and there are more dramatic ones to come... oh yeah and two more Rome posts... so that too in the next week or so!












Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment