Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring Break!

Ok, so it might seem a little early for Spring Break yet, but I am off tonight for Italy. My plane leaves in like 3 hours. I am going to spend tonight and tomorrow, and tomorrow night in Milan. Then on Saturday I will jump on a train to Venice and on Sunday I will jump on a plane to Florence and Monday morning I will go to Rome and spend the rest of the week in Rome... so look for some cool pictures and fun updates next week! I have never been to Italy, so this is going to be a whirlwind weekend, and then I will explore Rome more closely. I can't wait to see Alana and celebrate Christine's birthday with her... But Alana and I are going to meet up with each other at the Trevi Fountain in Rome... O my gosh I am going to actually be there. Right where all the action took place in Angels and Demons! (Ok so I am a little bit of a nerd for thinking of it like that, but I don't care. I am just so excited!) I have ten days of fun and exploring ahead. Bought a French guide book to Italy today so hopefully that will be helpful!

This morning was our last day of official classes, which actually meant we had a test. I think it went pretty well actually, but we shall see! Then I went and met with my director of my internship again to set up some details and things like that... and she seems so nice! I will have my own desk and keys and badge (it is all very official!) and I start on Monday March 1 at 9:30am! She thinks that the first major project that I will be working on will be to start translating some brochures that are currently only in French and Arabic into English so that they can have tri-lingual brochures instead of just bilingual ones. Then she said I might get to design them too which would bring back my mad skills for design that I learned in DOME! I can't wait. There is also a big person (dignitary or someone, I didn't recognize his name but apparently he is important) coming to visit the institute at the end of March and she said I could help plan all of that as well, and participate fully which is really cool! The other cool thing she is going to do for me this week is try to find a beginning Arabic class for me to get integrated into so that I can also begin to learn a little bit of Arabic while I am here, which I just don't have time in my schedule to do at DePauw. Cheira will be pleased I am sure! So I am excited, and nervous still, but much less nervous for my internship to start after today.

So now I am about to throw the last of my things into my suitcase, and head off to the airport, which actually takes a while to get to with the metro and all that stuff involved, but I can't wait! Tomorrow at this time I will be exploring Milan and eating Italian food and Gelato! I hope all is well in the states, and no one who might be reading this is trapped under too much snow! I can't believe that I have been here for 5 weeks already, it is just flying by! But when I come back there are so many fun things and visits from people I love... Life really is so good.

Bisou!

No comments:

Post a Comment